Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Unsane Son's of New York

Filthy, dirty, violent and honest...just a few of the words I'd use to describe the brilliant (I know, another descriptive) UNSANE. Since laying my hands on a copy of the utterly amazing Total Destruction from 1994 on Matador/Atlantic (now way out of print), I've been a die hard fan following the band up to it's decline towards collapse starting in 1998 with the release of the jaw-dropping Occupational Hazard, which subsequently later that year saw band leader Chris Spencer nearly beaten to death in Vienna, Austria, to the formation of Chris' The Cutthroars 9, to UNSANE's triumphant return in 2003 to the release of 2005's Blood Run. Now, just two short years later and with a new home on Ipecac Recordings, UNSANE have risen from the harbor like an un-dead victim of a mob shooting and laid waste with Visqueen. I remember reading an early review of Visqueen that stated that it lacked the urgency of Blood Run...to which I say, bullshit. Nothing like a review from someone who knows nothing about music, anyway. Visqueen, I must say, is THE best of what makes UNSANE slay! Brutal, un-subtle...totally killer. I know, I'm pulling words from the past...but duder, this shit kills! Long story short, I am in fucking UNSANE HEAVEN (or...you know...the other place), I've even pulled all my old albums out, not just by them, but by (early) Today's the Day, Hammerhead and new-comers Rabies Caste and KEN Mode among others and have been having myself a Noise Rock fest. Back to Visqueen though...if this is the path UNSANE are to stay on...fuck, I can't wait for the next album. MUSIC AND DIE!!!

(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home