Thursday, May 15, 2008

Truths and Opinions (Diehard Edition)

There are too many sub-genres of metal now.
Khanate breaking up, sucks.
You can never have too many Darkthrone albums.
Angela Gossow is NOT hot and Arch Enemy is NOT good.
You can clean your entire apartment/house during the course of one song by Corrupted.
You cannot clean your entire apartment/house during the course of one song by Sunn 0))) (because you can't clean while you sleep).
I listen to too much Sunn 0))).
I aspire to listen to more Corrupted.
Stephen O'Malley has more projects than Attila Csihar.
Blashphemer leaving Mayhem, sucks (but hopefully it means new Aura Noir).
I still listen to Lo Flux Tube by OLD on a regular basis.
I enjoy maybe 3 full minutes of Headbanger's Ball when viewed.
The CD I've owned the longest is Dreamweaver by Sabbat.
The first CD I ever bought was Leave Scars by Dark Angel.
The first LP I ever owned was Shout at the Devil by...fuck man, you know who!
The first cassette I ever owned was Eliminator by ZZ Top but the first one I ever bought was Peace Sells... by Megadeth, the second was Reign in Blood by Slayer.
I would rather watch paint dry than another video by 3 Inches of Blood.
I dig Zao.
I hate that Mike Ammot is in Arch Enemy because I REALLY don't like Arch Enemy but I fukking LOVE Carcass.
Leviathan's Massive Conspiracy Against All Life is fukking GENIUS!!!
As much as I love Boris, I do skip over or fast forward through certain songs.
My perfekt album cover would be drawn by Justin Bartlett, laid out by Stephen O'Malley with the logo by Equitant (unless I could afford Roger Dean and then sorry guys).
Did I mention that Angela Gossow isn't hot?
I have the original Earache releases of Streetcleaner, Altars of Madness and Symphonies of Sickness, all of which cost me an arm and a leg back in the late 80's before there was US distro.
After Into the Pandemonium, there were only supposed to be 2 more Celtic Frost albums. Linebacker 3 and Necronomicon then Tom was gonna shut it down. Go ahead, look it up.
The new Testament album is really good.
The new Cryptopsy, isn't.
The first metal show I ever saw was Rigor Mortis and Talon at The Tombstone Factory.
I am a HUGE fan of the UK crust punks DOOM but do not know a lot about crust punk.
I don't get Kiss but I do get Venom.
Owning a Metallica album and a Grateful Dead album does NOT make you a musically varied and open-minded person...if anything it just makes you gay.
I saw Equimanthorn's only live show back in '92 and 15 years later did guest vocals on the song "Refulgent Splendour - Part I Three Fathers and Their Generations - Part III Twelve Bounds of Their Universe" from the album Exalted are the 7 throne bearers of Ninnkigal.
I got to meet Piggy before he passed away.
Piggy passing away SUCKS.

(((03)))

2 Comments:

Blogger Patchie said...

Matt; if you want to email me (you can get our email address off Thee Claw) and send me your postal address, I can send you over loads of cdrs of crust punk.
If you want some, that is, I know you're a big vinyl fan :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger MKA said...

Thanks Patchie!!! You're a true brother and a TOTAL DIEHARD!!!

I sent my address to you and and will be returning the favor as well!

Have a good weekend,

Matt
(((03)))

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home