Monday, March 10, 2008

deadrightthere (part IV)






















Beginning of poster for our first show as the 3rd and final line-up (07.04.04). I found this Jeep add from 1972 (my year of birth) and captured the letters to add the band name. The final poster was very different and more in-keeping with the drt vibe, but it was lost in binary during my divorce.

The thought process behind it was this, the phrase for the obvious reasons, the use of said phrase along with something old being advertised as new indicating that we had indeed changed, but there were elements of the old line-up there as well.

I also wanted to indicate a different vibe than the sometimes "all-to-serious" one that hovered over the band (ie: I tried to use a similar idea before and it was shot down by some of the more "serious" elements within group dynamic).

I wish I had the final layout...but you get the idea, (sort of), at least I have this.

(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home