Thursday, April 03, 2008

Kingdom of Whothefuckcares

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire was a colossally great album, ...11 years ago. It then took 5 years to come up with a "less-than-inspired" follow-up, and the mediocrity just seemed to flow after that. Album after album was a gigantic snooze-fest tethered with Jasta's stint on Horriblebanger's Ball, (yeah Jamey, Slipknot IS the bomb, huh?).

So why then am I even writing about a man who to me hasn't done a relevant thing since 1997? Because, I had to do a fucking double-take when I saw that he was collaborating with Kirk Windstein...WTF?!, why is this happening? What could Kirk possibly be fucking thinking? It's one thing that we have to constantly have every mention of Crowbar be followed with a dumb-fuck mention of Down (in fact I really have yet to see a write up of KOS that refers to Kirk as having been in any band except Down), but collaborating with a wash-up who felt the need to sit and tell emo bands how relevant their fag-alicious 3rd EP was?

I'm not saying that their will be anything wrong with this album musically, god knows that I am a fan of Crowbar, but what is the point of Kirk doing an album with a one-dimensional singer who's recently traded in his "God Forbid" shirts for some re-printed "Celtic Frost" shirts as to appear "with it" to all the now aged Hasbeenbreed fans. This isn't the first time some "hardcore" guy has switched sides and tried on his "metal" hat to distance himself from his dying genre. Give it up boys. For FUCK sake, let it die. See you at Burger King.

(((03)))

1 Comments:

Blogger Patchie said...

This is all new to me Matt, Kirk will be getting some heckling his way when I get dragged along to see Down on Saturday!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home