Monday, July 14, 2008

Supporters of Metal, Blog Rights and Free Speech in this and Every Country


I started off this morning like I do every morning and get online to check out what's new with my brothers at Thee Claw. Much to my dismay, I find that The Skum has been getting grief (no FF references, please) for giving his opinion, something that I thought the whole concept of the "blog" centered around.

So I cracked my knuckles and left a comment in support of The Skum and Thee Claw and his and their Lemmy-given right to praise or condemn anything and everything as they see fit! The following was left by your's truly after the original post was taken down:

"I think you should put the post back up. I get grief all the time for stuff I post on TorqueZine and usually I just write back saying that if they don't like it to start their own blog and write about how much TorqueZine sucks.

We as writers take the time and spend the money to go see bands, buy their albums and merch and expect some bang for our buck. When a band doesn't deliver in any one of these categories, it's not their obligation nor the obligation of their label, tour managers, promoters or merchandisers to ever give us our money back, so it IS our obligation to let our brothers and sisters know not to waste their hard earned money on anything that is less that up to standard.

I support whole-heartedly your right and the rights of everyone to speak your mind and if anyone on the receiving end can't take it, then maybe instead of giving you a hard time for doing others a favor in calling them out for not giving us 100% they will get off their ass and give we, the fans some fucking quality control. It is after all our money that is putting food in their mouths and clothes on their backs and our hard work in front of the computer that is getting others to do the same and it's OUR reputations on the line to say whether or not we feel our reader's money will be well spent or not.

Hail The Skum, Hail Thee Claw, Hail Free Speech!!!"

Go to Thee Claw, show support for our brothers in the UK!!! You know where the link is, right on top where it shall stay.

(((03)))

1 Comments:

Blogger The SKUM said...

thanks buddy!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home