Friday, September 19, 2008

Absu [Quoth the Elite, Evermore]


"TorqueZine has been so quiet..." the e-mails say, "...is everything alright?" My friends, I'm not joking when I say that the reason is this, I heard the new Absu, soon to be released on Candlelight Records and well, it pretty much took this long to soak in entirely. This album is preterhuman in it's accomplishment and is of monumental stature. Once fully absorbed and comprehended, it will certainly be regarded as one of the finest examples of superiority within it's genre and certainly within other sub-genres.

Fans of the new age of Black and Avant-garde Metal will relish this opus along with other such masterpieces like Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum and Kénôse, Ordo Ad Chao, Ô Laudate Dominvs and Massive Conspiracy Against All Life. And those are just references as this new Absu, titled Absu stands on it's own and is nothing short of deserving as well as defining the one moniker: Mythological Occult Metal!

I have been a fan of Absu almost since their inception and I have to admit to being a die-hard fan. Even TorqueZine itself is so named for my favorite Absu song, "The Gold Torques of Uláid" so believe me when I tell you, this album is in keeping with the Absu legacy while also pushing and completely re-defining it's parameters.

No official street date as of yet for this album, but it is completed and rest assured, when it's unleashed, you will know it. NO ONE will NOT be talking about this album.

"Our stratosphere turned dark; however, the Western winds never stopped blowing. All deceiving religions fall, we'll close our hands, and make our own way..."

- "The Winter Zephyr (...within Kingdoms Of Mist)"
The Third Storm Of Cythraul, 1997

(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home