Monday, April 21, 2008

Amyxul vs. the Weekend 04.08

Was able to hang out a lot this weekend and also managed to get a hold of some cool stuff.

First up, Friday night was drummer night at the Amyx Compound (the North Dallas Tower) with Russ "Proscriptor" Givens (Absu) and Dave Ybanez (Digibomb, ex-deadrightthere).

Russ brought along some excellent wax gems for me including Exploited, Death before Dishonor, Motorhead, Overkill and No Sleep 'til Hammersmith, Metal Church, Metal Church and several others including Minor Threat, Lizzy Borden, Helloween and Overkill (some old school shit, huh?).

Since I didn't have my ION plugged in we didn't jam any vinyl, but were able to fit in some Glorior Belli, Earth and Burning Witch along with some live DVD footage of Black Oak Arkansas Live at Royal Albert Hall and Pelican's After the Ceiling Cracked.

Saturday I awoke, checked my mail and got in Leviathan, Massive Conspiracy Against All Life and Torch, Meanderthal, both of which are fucking brilliant in their own rite.

I also got in a DVD of Hot Fuzz finally. Another Amazon find for next to nothing that I ordered on Thursday and got in Saturday. Score another one for Amazon. I have a copy of Big Nothing, also with Simon Pegg on the way as well that I got for $0.88, a DVD for less than a dbl. cheeseburger at McDonalds. Brilliant.

Later that day it was off to the pub to hang with my buddy Dave Powell (Zane Lewis, ex-deadrightthere) and ended up watching the UFC fight with Mike "the Poet" Neil. (thanks Mike!).

Sunday, I rested and caught up on BSG season IV and ended the day with River's Edge.

In the mail, on the way and highly anticipated are Smile from Boris and Ramton by Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine (I am aware I should have had that by now, but give me a break, there is TOO much stuff out there to get).

I'm pretty stoked about a lot of releases on the slate for '08, including Absu, Sunn 0))), Pentemple, Melvins and many more. I'm sure I left a lot out but it's Monday morning and it's not even 8 o'clock yet. I'm surprised I've written THIS much.

Mass congrats to art machine Justin Bartlett and his new wife/bride to be (not sure of when). Best of luck and all the happiness to you both!

(((03)))

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home